With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Sunday, February 28, 2010

4 new layouts to celebrate a new blog


Here are a few new layouts.

The first "uniquely you" is page one of a double spread for a class I am teaching on "how to work with difficult patterns". My local scrap shop had a lot of this BG paper that didn't sell well, so I decided to give it a go. The tag is MME.

Design tip: Break-up a busy pattern with a doily.


For the second page of the spread, in "sweetness", I worked with swirls and tucked the green mat paper behind. The tag is MME.

Design tip: Don't fight with the paper instead, let the pattern guide your design.


My third layout is "wish". I have scrapped this picture before but wanted a layout to coordinate with my "gift" one for my daughter's album. The flower was hand-folded and the papers are an old Prima line from my stash.

Design tip: Weave ribbon into your punch work for added texture.


The fourth layout "sweet little one" is a partial scraplift of Gabrielle Pollacco's "summertime memories". This was done for a class I am teaching at my local scrap shop. The papers are from a few MME lines.

Design tip: Use Stickles to make your own "bling".



3 comments:

Darien said...

Congrats On your New Blog!!! I'm loving it!!!! I Love your work!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your blog !!! if you feel like you want to be all day in here, it is NORMAL!! lol, enjoy it my friend!! your new los are divines!!! love those beautiful photos!! and those los are amazing!!!!!
Hugs!!!!
Lidia

Jillian said...

Hello - I linked over here via a 'Blog Address' thread at Scrap That! LOVE your layouts - great work!! And your little girl is gorgeous - such pretty hair! TFS!!