With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentine's Display (Pion Design/Green Tara)

Kismet/Fate? Do you believe in it? Well, I was almost done this layout for Valentine's when TCR palette #95 revealed with the same colors I chose. This is the second time this has happened in the last 2 months - seriously! It is no secret that I am so IN LOVE with the Pion Design "From My Heart 2" collection. I had this layout idea with layered hearts (Royal Lace doilies from Michael's) and a lace border in my head but I couldn't find the right pictures. So... I made it into a display instead to put on my fireplace mantle for February - love month :) Oh this collection has such a glorious Romantic/Parisian feel to it! The beautiful vintage images I used are also from Pion Design and all of the embellishments are Green Tara products (flowers, lace and sprays).

Here is a close up of the flowers I made by simply layering Green Tara white petals and silk flowers (with crystal centers!). Oh I just love those crystal flowers and the pearl sprays too. Product codes are listed at the bottom of this post.
Here is the gorgeous TCR palette for this week:

I don't usually really like my own work - always find flaws but... I do love this one, LOL. It's just so me and suits my house decor perfectly. Thanks for stopping by! I will be back next week with a giveaway to celebrate my 2-year blog anniversary so stay tuned (it may just have a little Pion Design and Dusty Attic in it, wink :)

 Green Tara Products:

1cm Off White Lace
CODE: L3077OW

2.8cm White Lace
CODE: L2901W

3cm White Roses
CODE: FDR024Wh

2cm Rose Cream
CODE: FDR009C

Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystal Centres Ivory
CODE: SDIvL

5cm Petals, White
CODE: PFLP02

6cm Petals, White
CODE: 022Wh

20cm Silver/Pearl Spray
CODE: XP0616

18 comments:

Soraya said...

ohh WOW soo beautiful!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

We are always hardest on ourselves as scrappers!!!!! I can see why this is a favorite of yours. Your page is just lovely and so beautiful in its details! I love it!

Anonymous said...

lovely details!!!!

Marilyn said...

This is So Romantic and Beautiful!!
Love it!!!

Alia said...

Enchanting!

Valery Klassen said...

Another gorgeous layout! I love this one Vicky!

Sandi Smith said...

So very elegant Vicky....love it!

Sandi McLean said...

Absolutely lovely! A perfect display for the month...

KellyCreates said...

Soooo beautiful and romantic....and BONUS about the CR palette!! Stunning page, Vicky!

Romy said...

Not liking your own work? You should be really proud of your own creations: your pages and altered items are always gorgeous! And this layout is no exception:)

Karen Shady said...

Hi Vicky :) I can totally see why you love thsi LO, it is stunning. Although, I think ALL your work is stunning :) thankyou so much for the lovely comments on my weight loss xx

Shona said...

oh this is just so yummy sweetie...love that paper!!!!

misty said...

beautiful!

Ulrika aka LillBlomman said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Amarilys said...

gorgeous! LOVE the way you used the colors from TCR! Amazing work and gorgeous blooms!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your work as always, Vicki!
I can't thank you enough for shipping me the wonderful Dusty Attic products.
Hugs from India

Robin Shakoor said...

This is absolutely stunning. That lace trim just puts it over the top for me!

Unknown said...

This is amazing!! The colors and the vintage photo are gorgeous. I love the lace.