With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Thursday, February 28, 2013

March OUAS Reveal (Meg's Garden/ Dusty Attic/ Helmar)

Can you believe it's already March? That means another Once Upon a Sketch reveal and I have used some gorgeous Meg's Garden papers from the new "Ode to a Summer's Day" collection, plus the brand new Dusty Attic chipboard floral corners. All that combined with a doily and a few Green Tara flowers for a shabbylicious finish. These papers have such a beautiful pattern on them that you don't need to do much to achieve a polished layout. I glued everything down using a variety of Helmar adhesives (details at the end of this post).

Click on images for larger views.

The OUAS theme this month is "What does your weekend look like?". For me... when I am not scrapping, I am outdoors with my children. Since the papers are girlie, I decided to focus on my daughter for this layout. The journaling on the back of my layout reads:
"Simple moments playing outside with you is one of the greatest joys of my weekend"

Here is a peek at the OUAS challenge. I hope you can play along this month! Check out the amazing DT reveal this month and the terrific prizes up for grabs! 


Here is a close-up of the DA chipboard. I primed it with gesso and then used Faber-Castell gelatos to achieve a shabby waxy crayon look. Without priming, gelatos offer full coverage - a lot like what inking or painting looks like. I wanted a bit of the white resist look that gesso provides. I also used gelatos (mixed with water) to paint the white flower centers yellow.

This project was made using a lot of Helmar goodness. I used the premium craft glue on the paper layers, the 450 quick dry on the flowers, the adhesive runner for the photo and the acid-free glue for the chipboard.





5 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

This is just beautiful Vicky! And she is so adorable!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What an amazing, vibrant page!! Love how your dimensional flowers flow right into the background flowers!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, what an adorably cute little sweetheart on that picture!!! Your page, Vicki, is stunning!

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE the pops of red and how you layered those blooms! she sure is a Miss Cutie Pants! xoxo

Karen Shady said...

those red flowwrs look amazing on this LO... love what you did with the DA chippies too :) and what an adorable photo :)