With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dusty Attic Journal

I created an altered Dusty Attic journal this month. The Dusty journal was already a beautiful deep rose colour so I just enhanced it by adding some pearl texture paste in a script stencil as well as sponging gesso through a damask stencil. Next, I sprayed the entire surface with 2 pink and red mists. The mists nicely pooled around the script giving it a great shadow effect.

I then primed my chipboard accents with gesso and sprayed them with white pearl mist -- brand new ornate crosses (cut the ends to create top left hinges), a divine diva, an elegant flourish and a mini word were used. Some of the pieces were then slightly inked with light pink. The diva bodice and mini word were simply given a generous coat of diamond dust for extra texture and sparkle.

Dusty Attic product used:
Dusty Journal - DA0950
Elegant flourish small - DA0878
Ornate Crosses - DA1083
Divine Divas - DA0657
Mini words pack #2 - DA0476


Thanks for joining me on the blog today!


1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This cover looks gorgeous.. I love that shade of pink!!